Given the increasing global importance of Asia, institutions of higher education should strive to create future leaders with a strong understanding of Asian perspectives. Hence, Asia Summer Program (ASP) was born. Asia Summer Program or ASP is a three-week credit-based program offering innovative perspectives on Asia. Participating students experience a highly international environment, allowing them to learn directly about the diverse cultures of Asia. Many of the participating universities send leading professors to offer courses on relevant issues in Asia. Each of the courses taken may be applied toward a student’s graduation requirements at his or her home university based on an agreement for credit transfer between the participating universities.
- Minimum on semester 5.
- Minimum TOEFL IBT: 66, IELTS: 5.5
- Willing to cover all the expenses.
- Willing to apply for health insurance.
- Willing to have all legal documents ready prior to departure.
- English fluency is a must.
Asia Summer Program (ASP) 2016 is now open to students of Petra Christian University (Petra)!!
Host University: Bangkok University (BU), Thailand
Date of Program: July 5th – 27th, 2016
Program Fee: USD 850/person
This program fee will cover for accommodation in a very nice service apartment, all meals, tuition fees, excursion and cultural workshops.
Total enrollment quota provided by BU for Petra: 30 students
Scholarship from Petra Christian University for 20 students: IDR 7.500.000,- /person
This is a credit transfer program. Students must take 2 classes (one in the morning session and one in the afternoon session). It will be equal to 4 credits/sks.
ASP COURSES, PROGRAM SCHEDULE & WEBSITE
Please wait for our further info on courses offered, more detailed program schedules and program website. We will post it as soon as we receive more news from Bangkok University.
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT THE MOMENT: Do the scholarship selection procedures as listed below.
- Pick up “Formulir Pendaftaran Program Studi di Luar Negeri” at BAKP, attn. to: Ms. Novielyn Anthonio
- Get your Head of Department’s approval on the “Formulir Pendaftaran Program Studi di Luar Negeri”
- Submit the form to BAKP, deadline: March 30th, 2016
- Interview for all ASP applicants: 2nd week of April, 2016, please prepare you free schedule during office hour for this!
- Result of the scholarship: 4th week of April, 2016
Ms. Novielyn Anthonio
BAKP (Bureau for Cooperation & Institutional Development)
Office Location: Entrance Hall (EH) 2nd floor
Office Hour: 09.00 AM – 04.00 PM
Hope you can use this opportunity for your brighter future!!