Petra People, join Petra Summer Program (PSP) 2018!
What is Petra Summer Program (PSP)?
PETRA SUMMER PROGRAM (PSP) is an international program held by Petra Christian University that will give students the chance to broaden their knowledge by learning from the experts in various disciplines and experience everything through first hand knowledge about Indonesia, its language, culture, tourism, industry, culinary and urban design.
When is PSP 2018?
Monday, July 9th – Friday, July 27th 2018
How much is the registration fee?
USD 750 for international student or IDR 1.000.007 for Petra student
Where will PSP be located?
The main location of PSP 2018 is Petra Christian University (Surabaya, Indonesia). However, there will also be on-site visits and field trips that will enable students to get hands-on-experience. Moreover, there will be Bali trip too! Stay tune for updates!
What courses are offered by PSP and how much credit hour (SKS) for each courses?
There are 5 courses offered in Petra Summer Program 2018, they are:
- Indonesian Craft (IC) – worth 3 credit hours (SKS)
This program enables the students to understand the art of rattan weaving, batik making, and ethnic jewelry making using unique materials from Indonesia. It also challenges the students to create some art pieces using the techniques they have learned during the program. This program is suitable for art and design students, international students, or those with nimble fingers who are keen to broaden their handicraft making skill.
- Indonesian Language & Culture (ILC) – 3 credit hours (SKS)
PSP’s new program that is gonna be as exciting and challenging as the more senior programs. This program helps students to get real experience of learning Indonesian language and culture through classes and direct exposure to the life in Indonesia, suitable for international students who would like to learn about Indonesia and its local heritage. Experience the richness of Indonesian language and culture!
- Indonesian Culinary Art (ICA) – 3 credit hours (SKS)
This program introduces the uniqueness of Indonesian culinary to the students. They will learn main herbs and spices of Indonesian cuisine straight from the traditional market, cook and taste variety of local sweets and delicacies. This program is suitable for culinary students, hospitality students, or any F&B enthusiasts from all over the globe!
- Indonesian Tourism Campaign (ITC) – 3 credit hours (SKS)
Students will learn how to design a campaign plan about tourist object in Indonesia. They will have a better understanding of Indonesia, its people, way of life and its unique culture. This program is suitable for tourism management students, communication science students, or simply curious travelers who like to discover new places and meet new people.
- Urban Indo Art & Design (UIAD) – 3 credit hours (SKS)
This program invites students to learn, experience and express artistic creativity and contextual urban design in Indonesia. Students will explore and attend art and design workshop in the village and city. This program is suitable for art and design students, international students, even travelers and budding artists.
What are PSP’s important dates for registration?
FRIDAY, APRIL 27th 2018 for Petra student or THURSDAY, MAY 31st 2018 for international student
Deadline for Head of Department (for Petra students) and International Office (for international students) to submit the NOMINATION and APPLICATION FORM and send it to email@example.com
FRIDAY, May 112th 2018 for Petra student or THURSDAY, MAY 31st 2018 for international student
Deadline for paying the program fee which is IDR 1.000.007,- for Petra student or USD 750 for international student.
Before May 25th 2018
All cancellation will incur a cancellation fee. However, for cancellation before May 25th 2018 the student will get 70% refund of the program fee.
Before June 8th 2018
All cancellation will incur a cancellation fee. However, for cancellation before June 8th 2018 the student will get 50% refund of the program fee.
What will the student get?
- Academic Transcript & Credit Hour (SKS),
- program kits (handbook, stationery, t-shirt, and cap),
- comfortable accommodation,
- air-conditioned transportation,
- yummy lunch, and
- pick-up service from and to the airport (for international students only).
How to register to PSP 2018?
- Study the PSP (schedule, regulations, documents, etc).
- Choose your desired PSP Program to join.
- Confirm your schedule.
Make sure you will be able to attend PSP from Monday, July 9th – Friday, July 27th 2018.
- Download and fill in the Application Form that consists of:
- Registration Form,
- Code of Conduct, and
- Medical Form (for international student only).
Proceed with caution! Make sure every single data is correctly written.
- For international student: submit your Application Form (consists of Registration Form, Code of Conduct, Medical Form, Photo, and Passport copy) to your university’s International Office.
- For Petra student: submit your Application Form (consists of Registration Form, Code of Conduct, and Photo) to your Head of Department a.k.a Kaprodi or Kaprog.
- For international student: your university’s International Office sends the Nomination Form and Application Forms of all PSP participants from your university via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fill in the subject email with: PSP 2018 REGISTRATION.
- For Petra student: your Head of Department a.k.a Kaprodi or Kaprog sends the Nomination Form and Application Forms of all PSP participants from your department via email to email@example.com. Fill in the subject email with: PSP 2018 REGISTRATION.
NOMINATION and APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, APRIL 27th 2018 for Petra student or THURSDAY, MAY 31st 2018 for international student
- Both International student and Petra student will receive the Invoice from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the program fee to:
Name of Account Holder: Universitas Kristen Petra
Account number: 8000.191.53.100
Bank Name: CIMB Niaga
Swift Code: BNIAIDJA
Address: Jemur Andayani no. 53A, Surabaya
PAYMENT DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MAY 11th 2018 for Petra student or THURSDAY, MAY 31st 2018 for international student
- For international student: when you’re paying the program fee, please make sure to calculate and include the TRANSFER FEE too. In case your payment is confirmed to be less than USD 750 due to the transfer fee, please understand that we WILL ask you to transfer the remaining amount.
- Confirm your payment as soon as possible by sending us the scan of the transfer receipt to email@example.com. Fill in the subject email with: PAYMENT CONFIRMATION (name of your university). Make sure the scan of the transfer receipt can be read clearly.
- After sending the scan of the transfer receipt, you will receive a Confirmation Email from firstname.lastname@example.org for your confirmed payment.
NOTE: In order to register, students must fill in. REGISTRATION FORM and choose 1 program that they are interested in. The minimum enrollment quota of each program is 15 students, if the enrollment is below the quota:
- The under quota program will be cancelled.
- The student will be contacted by the committee to choose another program.
What are the things that student must pay attention to before registering themselves?
- All courses will be done in English (classes and examination).
- Each course has certain credit hour load. Please check with your Head of Department to find any possibility of transferring the credit hour of the course you are interested in.
- The MINIMUM ENROLLMENT QUOTA of each program is 15 students, if the enrollment is below the quota:
- The under quota program will be cancelled.
- The students will be contacted by the committee to choose another program.
How can the students pay the payment fee?
Bank Transfer Payment
- Write this message on your transfer form: PSP2018-PCU-your name-student number (NRP) and please transfer the payment fee to
|Name of Account Holder||:||Universitas Kristen Petra|
|Bank Name||:||CIMB Niaga|
|Address||:||Jemur Andayani no. 53A, Surabaya|
- After transferring the payment fee, scan the bank transfer form in color and email it to email@example.com. Fill in the subject email with: PAYMENT CONFIRMATION (name of your university).
- Students will officially be registered in the program once the PSP committees receive their application form and bank receipt.
- Please note that all bank charges or any bank transfer processing charges will be the responsibility of the students. In case any bank expenses are charged to Petra Christian University, the students will pay the missing amount in cash and it must be done at the PSP committees’ office.
Ms. Novielyn Anthonio & Ms. Renny Novemsy Dese
BAKP (Bureau for Cooperation & Institutional Development)
Office Location: Entrance Hall (EH) building 1st floor
Office Hour: 13.00 PM – 15.00 PM
Now, you are registered to Petra Summer Program 2018.
Download the forms by clicking the links below: