A. what is TWINNING PROGRAM?
Twinning Program is a collaborative program between Petra Christian University and international institution partner which enables Petra students to study overseas during their final year of college. There are 2 types of Twinning Program, Joint Degree and Double Degree.
In Joint Degree Program, student will be awarded degrees of the same faculties from the home university (Petra) and the host university (Petra’s partner). For example, an Interior Design student joining a Joint Degree Program will be awarded Sarjana Seni from Petra and Bachelor of Art from the partner. While in Double Degree, student will be awarded degrees of different faculties from the home university (Petra) and the host university (Petra’s partner). If you are an English Department student taking Double Degree Program to study art and design in the host university’s Faculty of Art, the student will be awarded Sarjana Sastra from Petra and Bachelor of Art from the host university upon completion.
By the end of this program, the students must do their thesis or final project in order to be honored with a set of twin degrees, from both Petra and the host university. Twinning Program is possible for both Bachelor and Master degrees.
B. who are the partners?
- Dongseo University – Korea (Double Degree)
- Saxion University – the Netherlands (Joint Degree)
- Guangxi University of Science and Technology – China (Joint Degree)
- Inholland University of Applied Science, Netherlands (Joint Degree)
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands (Joint Degree)
- Hanze University Groningen, Netherlands (Joint Degree)
C.what are the requirements?
- Has completed 6 semesters at Petra.
- Received written approval from the head of department.
- Minimum GPA: 3.00 for Joint Degree and 3.50 for Double Degree
- Minimum TOEFL score: 550
- Meets all the requirements from the host university.
d. what do i get?
- Academic degree from Petra, and
- Academic degree from the host university.
e. what’s in it for me?
- International exposure,
- open chances to experience foreign cultures,
- time to learn to be independent,
- brand new network,
- working experience and values (for internship),
- opportunities for recruitment.
Student must arrange plane ticket and visa by themselves.
Please contact travel agents that you can trust.
Download the Joint and Double Degree list here!
For more info, contact us.